Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Just my opinion on the Executive Orders issued today.

I disagree with the President issuing the EO's in the first place. I believe the issues brought up with the EO should have been brought before Congress so that the will of the people took precedence. I do not agree with the order for physicians asking about guns in the homes. I do not agree with the order limiting the number of rounds in a magazine, nor the ability to purchase certain weapons. I have no problem with the background screenings with regards to adding a psych screening or with the background checks in general. The addition of the CDC and mental health should be addressed; however, this was not the forum to do so. It should be addressed in conjunction with a deeper look at the effects of SSRI medications on individuals and the number of SSRIs used on underaged individuals. That is a COMPLETELY different discussion. The EOs were a broad paint brush for a fairly narrow topic. Just my opinion. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment